I write a lot of stories, but for the past couple of years, I get an idea for a story, and then it goes to die in my Google Docs. It is really embarrassing. To fix this problem, I have decided that I am going to post my incomplete stories to motivate myself to finish them.
This one is from 2024....yikes...welcome to this incomplete story: A Normal Day Gone Wrong
Luna’s laugh echoed through the trees. Her footsteps trembling the soft ground. Eiffel was on her tail, squelch after squelch after squelch. Luna’s eyes darted to a thicket. Her clothes were covered in mud; it would be the perfect hiding spot. She dove in and hid behind a tree. Soon enough, Eiffel was there, hoping to find Luna crouched behind bushes. Luna held her breath, and Eiffel moved on. Luna let out a sigh of relief and took a step out of her hiding place.
“YAARGH!” Eiffel jumped out and threw her hands around her sister.
“AAAAAH!” Luna squealed. “I thought you left!”
“But then again, I always win!" Luna’s elder sister grinned. Eiffel was a pretty girl with green eyes and silky strands of copper auburn hair. Luna, on the other hand, had darkish blue eyes and wavy black hair that rested on her shoulders.
Luna rolled her eyes, “Ugh! You always have an answer!”
Eiffel shrugged, “It’s a talent I possess.”
Eiffel and Luna made their way back home. The two girls lived with their mother in a small, cozy apartment. As they opened the front door, they were greeted by the smell of freshly baked bread. Their mother, Miss Emerson, was waiting for them at the table. She glanced at Luna.
“Oh, Luna dear! You got filth all over your jumper! You’re eleven years old, and you still can’t take care of your clothes!” Miss Emerson wailed.
“Mom! Stop it. Let her be. I’ll take care of it.” Eiffel cut in. Luna smiled at her gratefully.
Miss Emerson turned to face her eldest daughter. “You’ll take care of it? You spent the last hour outside FROLICKING with Luna when you could have been helping me. Come on, Eiffy, you are almost 16.” Eiffel’s teeth clenched. She left the scene without saying a word and went into her room.
Let's see what I can do with this.....?
Comments
Post a Comment